Saturday, January 21, 2006

Finally, A Scooter Post




Time to wax & wane on about my scooter! I bought this screamin' orange baby right before Christmas having done extensive research on pretty much every scooter available, from the Vespas to ebay specials I looked at them all. I was convinced a 150 would be about right for my non-highway, about town use, however, once I was introduced to the hot rod 50s from Derbi, Aprilia and Kymco I was sold on the hooligan moped concept. My local dealer & all-around good people Scooters of Dallas had this one sitting on the floor. With a water cooled 50, ABS disc brakes, monoshock rear, 2 year warranty and a price substantially less than the Italian competition I was hooked. I've put about 1,000 miles on it now and can honestly say it's the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels. This from a guy who's owned some fairly serious motorcycles, a Ducati 750SS & Yamaha FJ1200 not withstanding.

Dallas has a small but happening scooter scene which has good mix of machines and is refreshingly free from the "my scoot is better than your scoot" rhetoric.

So, 50mph, 65mpg, $160p/year full coverage...does it get any better than this?

No comments: